Yoga at Imbolc: 1st – 5th February with Jenny Beeken
The Festival of Awakening is a time of new beginnings, hope, cleansing and healing. During this four day retreat with Jenny Beeken, you will explore through asana, pranayama and meditation how the connection of the energies within the landscape influence and can shift the life force within. The teaching will help you to recognise those inner promptings and bring to fruition your deepest aspirations, hopes and dreams.
- Asana – the movement of energy through the chakras and how that shifts your whole consciousness
- Mudra – how attitude shapes your whole self
- Pranayama – noticing in which situations in life you restrain your breath and how you come back to the natural breath moving through your body
- Meditation – focussing on the different ways of meditating to energise, calm and see things as they are – vipassana
Teacher: Jenny Beeken
Jenny originally studied BSc Physics at Exeter, followed by four years hospital work where much useful anatomy was absorbed. In 1979 she left school teaching to study Yoga in India with Shri BKS Iyengar; then taught yoga full time, developing a Teacher training school in 1992 – the Inner Yoga Trust
Now her influence is from Vanda Scaravelli’s teaching through Diane Long and Sophy Hoare. Vanda was taught one to one by Iyengar together with Yehudi Menhuin. For more information about this retreat please contact Jenny: firstname.lastname@example.org
- £580 Full board, shared rooms at Over the Rainbow
- £620 Full board, single occupancy (only 1 available)
- £500 Full board, Campervans
- £460 Full board, non-residential
Booking through IYT website £200 Deposit required to secure you place.
Saturday Morning Yoga with Rose Thorn
Saturday mornings 10am-1pm.
2018 Dates: Booking Form
24th Feb. 14th April. 12th May. 23rd June. 14th July. 18th August. 15th Sept. 13th October.
These morning yoga retreats are a ‘treat’, an opportunity for you to recuperate, revitalise and reconnect your body, mind and spirit. The retreat is followed by a delicious vegetarian, home cooked lunch.
During these mornings we will work with what organically emerges from the practice. Together we will gently explore yoga postures, breath, meditation and yoga philosophy. All bodies, experience or ability are welcome.
Previously participants have said:
” every time I have attended I experience a profound emotional shift “
” a space which nurtures me both physically and mentally”
Tutor Rose Thorn trained with the Inner Yoga Trust and continues to pass on the subtle teachings inspired by Scaravelli. She has a playful and gentle approach to all aspects of yoga which include the postures, breath and philosophy.
She has been running Yoga retreats at Over the Rainbow for more than seven years; she teaches weekly classes at Hermon, Tegryn and St Dogmaels. She currently assists on the IYT Foundation course in Pembrokeshire.
Healing through Yoga: 2nd – 9th July 2018
Looking at the Body – a Residential Retreat with Jenny Beeken and Pauline Sawyer
(this retreat is the second part of the 3 year training to teach apprenticeship scheme, priority will be given in the first instance to IYT teachers)
This retreat will be on awareness of the body, awareness of the posture, and different ways of looking at the body.
The end of the two year teacher’s diploma programme, or other teacher training, is in many ways a beginning and all aspects of that course can continue, develop and be expanded. One of the main concerns expressed by teachers graduating from the diploma course is how to deal with all the different problems, physical and mental, that students bring to a general yoga class. There is also an interest in the sacred texts that needs to be nurtured, continue and developed upon.
The main focus of the course will be the body-mind connection.
- How looking and understanding develops intuition.
- Looking at the process we go through in yoga and life, and how we enable the process of unknotting the granthis (mind knots in the body) in others.
- How lifestyle affects disease.
- The role of a teacher in one to one situations.
- One to one and small group mentoring.
- Teaching of asana, pranayama, meditation, mudras, bandhas and granthis and what of this is appropriate to use with your students.
We believe and trust that we can only teach Yoga from our own understanding of the transformative effects of our practice on us.
For more information about this retreat please contact Jenny: email@example.com
Fees: Teaching fee is £400 (A deposit of £200 to Jenny Beeken by the end of March will reserve your place. The final £200 of the teaching fee is due by 24th June please. Cheques made payable to Jenny Beeken)
Food & Accommodation:
- £525 Full board, shared rooms at Over the Rainbow
- £580 Full board, single occupancy (only 2 available)
- £345 Full board, Campervans
- £290 Full board, non-residential
A deposit of £175 will secure your accommodation, this is due by the end of April 2018 with the final payment due 24th June 2018. Payment can be made by BACS or with a debit card over the phone. Contact Marie at Over the Rainbow